Managing Sedation Complications 2018
- CE Credit(s):
- Member Price:
- Retail Price:
Take 25% off this course essential with the promo code
Now updated for 2018!
This course is for dentists who provide minimal and
moderate sedation and provides didactic instruction for patient assessment and
monitoring. Particular emphasis is placed on airway management techniques.
- Describe qualities of dentist leadership of the in-office dental
- Recognize sedation levels and general anesthesia in terms of clinical
characteristics and influence on respiratory and cardiovascular function.
- Describe essential features of preoperative assessment for patients
undergoing dental treatment under sedation or general anesthesia.
- Identify principles of patient monitoring distinguishing requirements for
moderate sedation versus deep sedation/general anesthesia.
- Explain proper airway maintenance during sedation and general anesthesia.
- Discuss the proper use of devices for oxygenation and ventilation.
- Describe the pathogenesis, recognition and appropriate management of
possible complications associated with moderate sedation, including essential
pharmacology of emergency drugs that may be required.
The course is designed to train the practicing dentist in the proper
recognition and management of respiratory complications that may be associated
with the use of moderate sedation.
Lesson 1: Patient Safety, Leadership Skills and Teamwork
Presedation Patient Assessment
Lesson 3: Respiratory Monitoring
Lesson 5: Supplemental Oxygenation
Lesson 6: Positive
Lesson 7: Management of Respiratory Depression
8: Management of Airway Obstruction
Lesson 9: Intra-operative nausea and
Lesson 10: Cardiovascular Considerations
Lesson 11: Summary and
ADA Airway Algorithm