ADA CE Online FAQ
What is ADA CE Online?
One of the goals in establishing the ADA's Center for Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning (CELL) was to expand the Association's distance learning opportunities. ADA CE Online is an e-learning system that provides the dental profession with access to a comprehensive online CE library, accessible 365/24/7. The primary objectives of ADA CE Online are:
- To bring new distance learning opportunities to dentists, dental specialists, dental hygienists, dental assistants and dental office staff to help meet their professional development needs;
- To create a comprehensive online learning system for the dental profession.
Can you provide some basic course information?
- Most courses are $49 members/$69 nonmembers per credit hour. Some courses are available at no cost!
- Once you have registered for a course, it will be in your account for one year from date of purchase. You will be able to revisit a course at any time during that year.
Do you track the CE I earn online?
We do! Your online transcript tracks all the credits earned, and you can access CE verification letters at any time. ADA Members have the added benefit of also tracking state and self-reported credits in one place.
What if I experience difficulties while ordering an online CE course?
If you should experience any difficulties with your online ordering experience you may contact the ADA Member Service center at 800.621.8099 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST M-F, or via email at email@example.com.
Is my online transaction secure?
Yes. ADA CE Online is committed to safeguarding customer information and combating fraud. We have implemented industry leading security initiatives through Authorize.Net. All transactions are protected by the strongest encryption methods and security protocols available.
What are my payment options for purchasing online CE courses?
ADA CE Online courses may be purchased only by credit card. VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are all accepted.
When will my card be charged?
Your card is charged immediately after you have clicked on “Submit Order” in the checkout process. You will receive a confirmation via email for your order.
I forgot my username/password. How do I login?
Our login page will help you reset your information or create a new account.
When I finish a course, sometimes I'm asked to log in again. Will that cause a problem?
No. For your safety, your account automatically logs out after a period of inactivity. Your course is not affected, and if you complete the course, the credit will be added to your account. If you’re prompted to log in, you’ll be redirected to the correct page once you enter your credentials.
What if I need a refund?
Due to the diversity of Internet Service Providers, bandwidth limitations and variations in computers used by dental professionals, there may be minor difficulties encountered by some registrants. The ADA CE Online technology has been designed to maintain a quality media presentation in most situations. However, we have no control over the registrant’s web browsers, bandwidth or Internet Service Providers and therefore do not provide refunds for purchased courses.
I would like to present an ADA Online CE course. How can I submit a topic?
The ADA accepts Online CE course proposals year-round. All proposals must be submitted using our online proposal form. Please contact ADA CE Online at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding submission of course proposals. There are few things to keep in mind:
- Originality and Exclusivity. ADA CE Online will consider only courses that are original, have not been published elsewhere and have been submitted exclusively to ADA CE Online.
- Submission of Revised Course Proposals. After the course proposal has gone through review, the ADA CE Committee makes a decision as to its disposition: accept; minor revision; major revision; revise and resubmit; reject. In all but the first and the last cases, the author will be invited to submit a revised course outline.
- The specific number of continuing education credits assigned to a course is determined by the length of time a new learner would require to complete the course and the breadth of the content material. The CE Committee assigns the number of credits and ensures that all courses meet the guidelines established by the American Dental Association Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP).