Dr. Glen Hall, Speaker of the ADA House of Delegates
presents the essential qualities of a clear resolution for definitive action by
governance bodies, including special aspects of ADA House of Delegates
process. Content include making resolutions complete, providing necessary
background, proper use of resolving clauses,
policy from directives, rules and best practices for amending resolutions, opportunities for
withdrawing resolutions, and the importance of including financial implications.
- What makes a resolution ready for action by a governance body.
- How to include necessary background information and relevant opinion.
- Best practices for multi-part actions.
- The contrast between policy and directive resolutions.
- Amending resolutions in clearest ways for governing
At the national, state and local levels of the American Dental Association,
one element of effective, efficient governance is the process for generating
formal association policy. This in turn hinges on the ability of
governance participants to propose and further perfect clear resolutions.
In this course, Dr. Glen Hall, Speaker of the American Dental Association House
of Delegates, provides guidance and examples on developing clear resolutions as
part of the governance process at all levels.
Basics of Resolution Writing
- Resolving Clause
- Amendments and Substitute Resolutions
- Frequently Used Terms
- Policy and Directive Resolutions
- Withdrawal of Resolutions