The COVID-19 pandemic is having a profound impact on the U.S. dental
industry. This new report from the ADA Health Policy Institute (HPI) includes
findings that will provide important business insights for manufacturers,
distributors, sales teams, and other key stakeholders.
Highlights of this 150-page report include data and
- Dentist purchasing preferences and plans for dental
practices, including recent or upcoming "big ticket" category purchases.
- How dentists’ approach to shopping for supplies has changed since the
- Views about in-person sales rep visits before and during the pandemic.
- Measures dentists have taken – or might take in the future – to help
maintain the financial sustainability of their dental practices.
- How more dentists are implementing preventive techniques at a higher rate
than they did before the pandemic.
- Dentists’ views on what manufacturers and distributors can do to help them
recover and adapt to a new normal.
This report was created specifically for the dental
industry as a result of HPI’s ongoing work to track how dental practices are
being impacted economically by the disruptions of the COVID-19 pandemic. It
includes a Key Findings section highlighting the main insights as well as an
appendix with detailed survey results for a more granular look at findings
broken down by dentist age group, U.S. Census region, urban/non-urban status,
and dental practice size. Also, throughout the report, readers will see callouts
with thoughts that could be used to start strategic conversations in their